Clear Your Clutter: The Feng Shui Way!
Posted May 30, 2013 by Jennifer
Guest Post: Allison Moss is a Feng Shui Practitioner, owner of A Feng Shui Experience and a Motivational Mentor with over 18 years of training and experience. Her work focuses on the Feng Shui energy within and around creating a successful business, as well as helping clients to discover their creative passion & follow their life purpose. She loves expressing her fun and easy to understand Feng Shui style, as The Feng Shui Diva! Allison has enjoyed sharing her Feng Shui passion through work at holistic healing centers, authoring print and online articles on Feng Shui and positive living, co-hosting live episodes of 11:11 Talk Radio & Your Inner Journey Talk Radio now heard nationally on Voice America, and public speaking engagements.
Clutter is a huge obstacle for many people. Where to put things, how to tackle piles of belongings, where to begin? The number one issue related to clutter is STAGNATION! The Art of Feng Shui holds the belief that there is energy in each and every object on earth. The flow of this energy as it relates to your environment and your life is the basis of Feng Shui.
Piles of clutter in any environment create blocks in natural energy flow. The results from these blocks can be problematic. Those living with clutter can experience health problems, wealth problems, weight issues, struggles with relationships or careers, and many other frustrating dilemmas. Envision a busy morning as you prepare for work. In the midst of clutter you search for a travel mug for your coffee, files for the office, grab your tote bag in one hand, coffee in the other and head for the door. As you reach the car, you realize your car keys are somewhere in the house. Heading back in, you search under piles of mail, under yesterday’s newspaper, and through a stack of magazines only to discover that your keys are in the laundry hamper in the pocket of yesterday’s pants. All of these little things add up to bigger issues. Mail clutter, paper clutter, and magazine clutter are all obstacles to overcome just to get out of the door to work. How do you feel as you finally get into the car? Frustrated! That frustration can carry over into your day, making for a less than happy experience. The great news is, clutter can be cleared simply and easily when you infuse a bit of Feng Shui into the process.
What is clutter? This may seem a simple question, yet in truth, clutter may be much more than it seems. There are three simple questions you can ask yourself to begin sifting through the items in your home or office; freeing up new energy in your surroundings.
- Do I love it? This is the number one rule of Feng Shui and interior decorating. Only live with what you love! Items which surround you that you truly do not like drain vital energy every time you see them. Remove them and free yourself of their weighty presence.
- Have I used it in within the last 12 months, (24 at MOST!)? Items which you no longer use, become clutter over time. Outdated clothing, electronics, decor or anything else which you haven’t used can all be passed on to new worthy homes.
- Is it broken or unfinished? If you have items slated for repair, get to it! If you realize that it is not worth fixing or fixing it isn’t a viable option, it’s time to let it go. Do you have unfinished projects piled up calling for your attention? These become clutter too and have a profound effect on your subconscious energy. No matter how much you try to relax, seeing something you “should” be doing or “could” be working on, makes it hard to let go and truly experience calm and restorative rest.
Once you begin to look at your home with these questions in mind, you will find that it is much easier to begin clearing away items which no longer fit into your home and your life.
Keep yourself from becoming overwhelmed and energize your clutter clearing process with a few Feng Shui cures!
- Find a way to surround yourself with your favorite music as you work through your home. Music moves energy, which can add pep to your step!
- Open windows and doors when possible, to bring in light and fresh air.
- Light a candle in the room where you will be working to lighten & balance the energy in the space.
- You may also choose to use the power of aromatherapy. Scents are a wonderful way to create the mood you desire. Peppermint, Lemon, Orange or any citrus scents are invigorating and stimulating.
Keeping new clutter out of your home is another positive step to free up your space and your energy. Develop a system of consistent clutter clearing. Open mail near the trash can to dispose of envelopes and junk mail immediately. Start recycle or donation bins to add to on a regular basis. Newspapers, outgrown clothing, unused household items and even magazines can all be recycled in some form or fashion. Many charities are available which will make great use of these types of items.
Allowing your home to have a clear positive energy flow will reap positive results in your life. Take clutter clearing one small step at a time and you will see and feel big changes in no time.
Happy Feng Shui-ing!
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- May 2010
- February 2010
- November 2009
- October 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009